A 31 year old general aviation maintenance facility headquartered at the Van Nuys Airport is looking to expand its avionics capabilities. SoCal Jets, Inc. is looking for an experienced avionics technician/installer to help build our growing avionics department. The ideal candidate will have the proven ability to interpret, install, and troubleshoot complex avionics systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot, adjust, repair, or replace malfunctioning aircraft systems and components; assemble components such as switches, electrical controls, and junction boxes
- Connect components to assemblies such as radio systems, instruments, magnetos, inverters, and in-flight refueling systems
- Install electrical and electronic components, assemblies, and systems in aircraft
- Interpret flight test data in order to diagnose malfunctions and systemic performance problems
- Lay out installation of aircraft assemblies and systems following documentation such as blueprints, manuals, and wiring diagrams
- Test and troubleshoot instruments, components, and assemblies using circuit testers, oscilloscopes, and voltmeters
- Coordinate work with that of engineers, technicians, and other aircraft maintenance personnel
- Fabricate wiring harnesses and test aids as required; maintain accurate records of maintenance and repair work
- Set up and operate ground support and test equipment to perform functional flight tests of electrical and electronic systems
- Must have knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming, machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance, design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models
- Proven ability to supervise and effectively communicate with other employees and customers
- Ability to create and adhere to strict timelines and quality controls
TRAVEL: Candidate must be available to travel up to 25% or more of the time and must have current passport.
Bilingual English / Spanish a plus.
Directions for Applying:
- Send CVs and/or résumés to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please no phone calls at this time
- No 3rd Party Recruiting firms at this time