A 31 year old general aviation maintenance facility headquartered at the Van Nuys Airport is looking to expand. SoCal Jets, Inc. is looking for an experienced A&P mechanic to help build our growing company. The ideal candidate will have the proven ability to performs inspection, maintenance, and repairs from moderate to advanced complexity on aircraft systems and structures under minimal supervision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform complex aircraft inspections, repairs, and modifications with minimal supervision on fixed wing aircraft (Gulfstreams, Challengers, Hawkers, Learjets, Falcons, and Citations).
- Requirements - Summary of Education, Experience, and Certification:
- Minimum of HS diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license required
- FAA A&P license and 3 years of aviation maintenance experience.
- Must qualify as a US person which is defined as a US citizen, a permanent resident who does not work for a foreign company/foreign government/foreign governmental agency or organization.
- Valid passport with no travel restrictions
- Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of the FAA regulations, process specifications, repair station, and quality control manuals.
- Communication and problem-solving skills.
- Organization and time-management skills.
- Ability to communicate in English (read, write, and verbally communicate).
- Ability to select and work with proper tools, support equipment and operational procedures needed to achieve all task elements from initial assembly to final product inspection and delivery.
- Read and interpret aircraft maintenance manuals and specifications to determine feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components.
- Assemble and install electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, and structural components and accessories, using hand tools and power tools.
- Must perform work in compliance with all support groups and safety policies / procedures. Must be able to perform work inside aircraft as required.
- Candidates are expected to handle maintenance/inspection documentation.
- Able to climb and work on step-stools and ladders.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs. without assistance/able to lift up to 100 lbs. with assistance.
- Able to work in small spaces and restricted areas.
- Able to reach over-head.
- Normal or corrected vision.
- Full range of motion with both hands.
- Must be able to perform work in all weather conditions and required locations.
Personal Tool Requirement:
- Must supply his/her own hand tools for daily use. (Specialty tool will be provided as needed.)
Work Environment / Job Specifics:
- Hours may vary and weekends as needed.
- Work is performed in an open work environment (hangar) or outdoors at the airport terminal.
- Some travel, up to 25% or more may be required.
- Take direction from, and coordinate with, the base Maintenance Manager.
- Provide updates to management/supervisor with the status of work performed on aircraft.
- Maintain an orderly and organized shop area.
- Manage, order, and maintain adequate supplies of various aircraft parts and consumables.
- Perform data entry and copying as needed.
- Commit and attend training events to develop professional skills.
- Help promote a positive and safety culture at their work location.
- Other duties as assigned
Directions for Applying:
- Send CVs and/or résumés to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please no phone calls at this time
- No 3rd Party Recruiting firms at this time